Skin Hospital in Jaipur
Skin is the largest organ of the body, with a total area of about 20 square feet.
Common Skin Functions:
- Protects us from microbes and foreign elements,
- Regulates body temperature,
- Permits the sensations of touch, heat, and cold.
The skin has three layers:
- The epidermis, the outermost layer of skin, provides a waterproof barrier and creates our skin tone.
- The dermis, beneath the epidermis, contains tough connective tissue, hair follicles, and sweat glands.
- The deeper subcutaneous tissue (hypodermis) is made of fat and connective tissue.
The skin colour is created by special cells called melanocytes, which produce the pigment melanin. Melanocytes are located in the epidermis.
Common Skin Diseases
ACUTE and CHRONIC
Can be further classified on aetiology basis and occupational basis
- Hyper Keratosis